Sovereignty works closely with organizations like the Last Prisoner Project (LPP), which advocates for Cannabis Criminal Justice Reform. Our work with the LPP has made it clear how cannabis laws unjustly target certain demographics and minority groups.
In order to facilitate social justice for these groups, we have created the Sovereignty Equal Opportunity Scholarship.
The Sovereignty Equal Opportunity Scholarship will support university students currently located in Canada or the United States to advance their higher education. Our scholarship hopes to support one (1) student with the cost of their tuition by awarding a $500 scholarship to the successful applicant.
Sovereignty Equal Opportunity Scholarship – Fall 2020
Interested participants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in the Fall / Spring school year of 2020/2021 at any college, university, high school, trade or technical school within the United States of America.
- Students must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Students must be 15 years or older at the time of enrollment
- Must be an American citizen or hold a valid student visa
- Winning participants will be expected to submit a photo for promotional purposes
If you are interested in participating, please choose ONE (1) of the following prompts to answer in the essay submission:
- Describe how drug laws have unjustly targeted ethnic minorities and African Americans in particular
- Describe alternatives to mass incarceration that would support communities where drugs (including prescription narcotics) are being abused
In your essay, please include the following:
- A title
- Your article in Google Docs with a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1000
- Citations for any / all research used
Each student may only submit one essay for this scholarship. Please submit via email along with a cover letter including your legal name and currently enrolled school. This cover letter should include an official document with your GPA. You may email Betsy [at] sovereignty.co. The deadline for this scholarship is Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Sovereignty was founded to positively change the trajectory of people’s lives. Currently, the two products utilize cannabinoids called CBG and CBN in order to support daytime alertness and positive mood and nighttime relaxation and restful sleep respectively.
The DREAM product often considered the best sleep supplement, and PURPOSE products were both formulated with doctors and pharmacists. In addition to the unique and novel cannabinoids, we have added traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic herbs to maximize the nourishing potential of these products. Ingredients include bacopa monnieri, coffee berry, schisandra, ginkgo biloba, rhodiola, siberian ginseng, and a host of others.